Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests, by welcoming and warmly greeting guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our gueststoa table that best serves their wishes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Wing King.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant when possible.
- Provide guests with menus and inform them of their server’s name upon seating.
- Record guest names and the number of people inpartyand provide guests with estimated waiting time when immediate seating is limited.
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Call out name and number ofpartywhen tables become available.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and guests to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform guests of establishment specialties and features.
- Receive and record guests' dining reservations.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Monitor, Inspect and Adjust “To-Go” orders to ensure accuracy in orders.
- Fill-in for fellow employeeswhereneeded to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Possess all cards needed. (Health, Tam,Sheriff's)
- Take and prepare to-go delivery orders.
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food, beverage, souvenir and merchandise tickets.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Order or requisition supplies and equipment for tables and serving stations.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
Tools & Technology
- Carbonated beverage dispenser
- Cash registers
- Commercial use coffee or iced tea makers
- Ice dispensers
- Non-carbonated beverage dispenser
- Personal computers
- Pocket calculator
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Point-of-sale software (Clover)
- Special purpose telephones
- Touch screen monitors
- Calendar and scheduling software(Homebase)
- Table management or reservation software (Clover)
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office)
- Operating system software
- Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Exceptional grooming habits
WingKingprovidesequal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WingKingcomplieswith applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensationandtraining.
WingKingexpresslyprohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wing King’semployees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.25 /hour