White House Pizza in Carbondale, CO has an immediate opening for a Chef / Kitchen Manager to join our 64 person strong team. Full time position with nights & weekends. 60k annual salary, paid vacation, retirement & bonuses. Housing a possibility.
In business for 21 years & 10 time winner best Carbondale restaurant, we are located in the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley 35 miles from Aspen. Carbondale has been named a top 10 place to live in the USA according to Men's Journal and Outside Magazine and offers endless recreational opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, reliable and is a proven team leader.
- Maintain a well trained and motivated kitchen staff through ongoing team meetings, continuous training and support
- Maintain labor and food cost percentages as set by the GM.
- Maintain efficient kitchen production through problem solving and teamwork
- Ordering food and supplies according to projected needs.
- Scheduling all kitchen staff using Homebase app.
- Coordinate kitchen food production including caterings and oversee timely expediting of all menu items according to company policy
- Working knowledge and oversight of food handling safety standards.
- Maintain clean and organized food preparation and storage areas as well as general kitchen appearance according to company policy
- Office duties including monthly inventory, kitchen payroll verification, and additional data entry into company spreadsheets
- Maintain all kitchen equipment in good working order including scheduling of repair and maintenance personnel as needed
- Minimum 5 years kitchen experience with 2 years working as a chef, sous chef or lead manager. Culinary degree a plus
- Solid time management skills that allow for on time completion of assigned tasks and company deadlines
- Current Serve Safe Certification or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Ability to Interview, select and train a dedicated and loyal professional staff
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Spanish speaking a plus
We are looking forward to reading your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks.