Ticket Sales Cashier
Join our fun and energetic team at Nordic Valley, be the front face of the resort and sell lift tickets and season passes to our guests using excellent guest services skills to ensure the guest's experience at Nordic Valley exceeds their expectation. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and engaged.
- Sell lift tickets and season passes to our guests and be well informed of all these products.
- Help direct/inform our guests to the different areas of the resort if asked.
- Use the ticketing system, as trained, to sell all products.
- Ensure ticket window is adequately stocked to provide uninterrupted service.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by providing prompt and accurate information regarding all Lift Products, Ski School programs and Nordic Valley operations.
- Balance daily business.
- Insure strong internal controls of ticketing sales dollars via proper documentation and recording of adjustments, refunds, and any variation from the ticket price.
- Complete the daily check-out for the ticket window in a timely manner. Work must be neat and legible, and daily business policies and procedures must be followed. Cash count must be completed and turned in at the end of each shift.
- Be knowledgeable of all ticketing policies and procedures and guest service guidelines.
- Maintain excellent guest service skills, you are the face of the resort and must represent the resort with a positive attitude, and a commitment to assist our guests in any way possible.
- Communicate effectively with guests’ about their complaints.
- Know the Fire Plan and how it works.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and direct them to the different departments.
- Keep work area and the ticket office clean and orderly. Pick up trash, organize files or do whatever is necessary to maintain an organized and "clutter-free" ticket office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills. Good organizational skills, computer skills and dependability is required. Must be able to work in a fast paced and high volume sales environment.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, adaptability, persuasiveness, speaking and writing ability, judgment, concentration, memory, auditory, tactile, and visual discrimination, reasoning, imagination, and initiative are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Customer service training helpful. Experience in cashiering helpful.
Experience: Previous sales or customer service experience required. Keyboarding experience required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Simple office equipment, computers, printers, ticketing system.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- 100% of the workday is spent in an office environment. Constantly handling, and feeling objects in cold weather environment. Constantly using near acuity and color vision, and engaging in normal conversation with our guests.
We are looking forward to reading your application.