The Trailhead in Winter Park, CO is looking for one outdoor retail sales associate to join our team. We are located on 78321 Us 40. Our ideal candidate is attentive, motivated, and reliable.
- Takes initiative both in their work and in building relationships with customers.
- Detail oriented
- Likes to play outside.
- Customer Service minded – Greeting every customer that comes in, asking what they are looking for that day, listening to their needs/desired activities, and making recommendations based on that information. Continue the ongoing Trailhead relationship with existing customers and building new customer relationships.
- Knowledge of the products on the floor, including attending staff gear clinics and ability to demonstrate a product’s function.
- Commitment to obtaining new product knowledge.
- Knowledge of the area – What to do, where to hike, where to eat, as well as executing risk management in recommendations (i.e. “Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get back down to treeline before the summer storms roll through in the afternoon.”, etc)
- Opening and Closing of the store – Prep and prepare the sales floor, Moving deterrent fences, arranging displays on the floor, etc.
- Sales floor upkeep – This is an ongoing activity throughout the day. organizing, straightening, increasing shopability,restocking inventory and requisitioning new stock. The store should look the same when closing as it did when opened.
- Cleaning the store daily – sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash, bathrooms, staff room, tucking tags, hangers.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures.
- Keeping watch for theft or misuse of products.
- Ability to rent equipment: skis, snowshoes, climbing shoes.
- Submitting special orders and warranty claims to a Manager.
Every customer who walks in should be greeted politely, asked about their needs and desired activities, and given options and advice based upon that information. Relationships with our customer base is very important at The Trailhead.
Employees should be attentive to customers and looking to meet their needs. Staff’s personal items, including cell phones, are to be kept in one’s locker. Staff should not hang out behind the counter unless there is a need; staff should be out engaging on the floor. There is always something to do: sweeping, hiding tags, dusting, restocking inventory, hangers, cleaning, etc.
There will be individual employee incentives based on sales.