The Last Inventory in Lancaster, TX is seeking a customer oriented Installation Manager (IM) in our established flooring company. This position oversees the flooring Installation Department, including recruitment, development and supervision of all salaried installers as well as third party Installation Contractors.
The Installation Manager takes necessary action to address customer installation concerns with the goal of both securing customer satisfaction and maintaining solid partnership with Independent Contractor Installers. A primary aspect of the role is to maintain constant communication with Installers and customers throughout a job to successful project completion.
IM's are responsible for ensuring the branch is supported by a professional, well trained installation team, as well as an adequate number of compliant sub-contractors to deliver excellent customer service.
- Oversee the installation process from start to finish for all residential installation projects
- Manage installation issues promptly using customer-oriented approach
- Assign jobs to qualified independent installer contractors
- Lead and guide installers to provide excellent customer service
- Ensure availability and appropriate delivery of customer goods to installation teams
- Manage and hold sub-contractors accountable to company installation standards
- Route/schedule installs daily
- Recruit third party contractors
- Visit job sites to inspect work quality
- Analyze business results then develop and execute action plans for improvement
- Maintain company installation standards are adhered to by third-party contract installers
- Perform other functions as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction or installer retention
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Customer-oriented approach and desire to assist others
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Great attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Must work well with limited direction using independent judgement
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Ability to convey empathy and deliver information with tact and diplomacy
- Experience with material take-offs and estimating competency helpful
- At least 5 years of flooring installation experience
- High School Diploma or GED required, college degree or college coursework preferred
- 2+ years' managing Independent Contractors
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish a plus
We are looking forward to hearing from you.