Sweet Mary`s Bakery in downtown Akron, OH is looking for an experienced pastry chef / baker to join our small but strong team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about good food, detail-oriented, punctual, and hard-working, with at least 1 year of from-scratch baking & pastry experience in a commercial kitchen. Knowledge/experience specifically in making pies, cakes, breads and pastries from-scratch preferred.
- Weigh and measure ingredients
- Follow recipes and daily prep lists
- Mix and blend batters, doughs, frostings
- Making Custards and other cooked fillings
- Making pies, cakes, cheesecakes, macarons, tiramisu, etc.
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape doughs for bagels, pastries, scones, cookies and pie crusts
- Set oven temperatures appropriately and monitor or modify as needed to properly bake items
- Prepare and maintain inventory in case
- Clean and sanitize own workstation, equipment and utensils
- Attention to detail in all aspects of kitchen duties
- Working knowledge of "Kitchen Math" (ounces to cups, etc) and from-scratch baking
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a commercial kitchen, as a pastry chef or similar role, baking from scratch. (Versatility a plus, as is any culinary school background)
- Dedicated to working as part of a small team towards one goal
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Highly adaptable to various situations and stress levels
- Sense of urgency when necessary
- Able to stand for long periods of time (sometimes up to 10-12 hours)
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to work 3-4 days/week
We look forward to reading your application!