Want to be part of the Nordic Valley Team. Ski Patrol is responsible for performing a variety of guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for our Nordic Valley guests and employees, Opening and Closing procedures, lift evacuation, search and rescue, promoting and enforcing the skier’s responsibility code.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Respond and provide medical care, transporting sick and injured patients
- Provide superior service to our guests at Nordic Valley.
- Transporting and setting up supplies and equipment on skis
- Trail maintenance
- Driving snowmobiles and other vehicles for mountain operations
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Trail maintenance including marking hazards to skiing public, set up safety nets, pads, etc.
- Check for new hazards that may arise due to changing conditions, grooming, traffic patterns.
- Promote guest safety through education and enforcement of the Utah Skier Safety Act.
- Completes accident, trail, lost person, dispatch, and other patrol paperwork
- Participates in and supports mountain safety programs
- Provide assistance to guests of the resort, giving courtesy rides to those who are not comfortable skiing down, retrieving gloves, hats dropped from lift, finding separated (lost) family members
- Perform closing procedures at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Must be committed to providing excellent guest service
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certified ( Current medical certification is required). Must be OEC certified by Ski Season 2017/20178 )
- Must demonstrate expert skiing ability to safely navigate any area of the mountain, whether chairlift or hiking access, in all weather and snow conditions. Patrollers must be able to ski at an advanced level to safely handle a toboggan (with provided training) in any terrain.
- Must successfully complete a background check prior to employment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age at beginning of 2017/18 season
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must be able to operate equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Must have strong communication and excellent guest service skills
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Previous patrol experience - Preferred
We are looking forward to reading your application.