Simply Straws offers simple solutions to reduce single-use plastics through our reusable straws, utensils, and drinkware. Founded by a mother-daughter duo with a passion to make a positive change in the world, Simply Straws was born in 2012. From our roots as health and environmental advocates, we strive to use our business as a force for good and believe we have a responsibility to protect what we love from plastic. We are an award-winning certified B Corporation, a member of 1% For The Planet and a W-BENC certified Women Business Enterprise. Our straws are handcrafted, with minimal environmental impact and a big dose of intention and love.
Overview: We believe that our company is only as happy and healthy as our customers experience and passion for our mission. We are looking for a results/sales driven individual to join our passionate and growing team as a customer advocate, striving to deliver superior service and to create a fantastic ecommerce experience.
E Commerce Customer Service:
- Quickly learn and master company values, product features and product line. Be the voice of company with all direct to consumer contact.
- Own and answer all incoming customer inquiries and challenges with a positive and knowledgeable approach keeping the core values of the business in sight. Respond to instant chat, email and phone calls in a timely manner and direct inquiries to appropriate channel.
- Run lifetime guarantee and customer review programs.
- Put customer needs first, and foster a positive customer experience, even under negative circumstances.
- Master POS and Help Desk programs to respond, track and adjust customer interactions.
E Commerce Customer Experience & Sales:
- Optimize simplystraws.com to drive sales, upsell when appropriate, time on website and ultimately ROI.
- Create a dynamic user experience that increases conversion and customer retention.
- Translate marketing initiatives into compelling collections, navigation, and accurate and informative product details that reflect the brand and desired customer experience.
- Review and update website functionality, and SEO to drive traffic and conversions.
- Spearhead new affiliate program from conception to daily management as primary strategy for 2020 growth.
- Manage current and implement new ecommerce programs and applications including but not limited to customer reviews, newsletter signups, and customer rewards.
- Problem solve e commerce challenges and report on successes and weaknesses of business on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyze the short and long-term needs for the company’s e commerce strategy. Work closely with the marketing team to develop ecommerce campaigns, email marketing, products and sales that achieve customer needs and business priorities.
- Reach beyond departmental boundaries to find solutions and answers outside the scope of responsibilities.
WHO YOU ARE
- Two or more years experience in Customer Service.
- Sales driven individual who is a self motivator.
- Customer experience focused.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce, plus if experience with Shopify.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, plus for experience with a help desk program.
- Confident talking with strangers on the phone and in person.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to have fun in a hectic environment and put customer needs first.
- Proactive, analytical and a team player with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work around deadlines.
- Self starter with the ability to own a project through completion with little oversight.
- Patience individual who understands the customers perspective no matter how trivial.
Job Specs and Perks
- Full time position 8:30am-5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Starting at $12 per hour, additional bonus compensation potential.
- Paid vacation/sick, monthly company lunch, and complementary reusable products.
- Dog-Friendly, casual office close to the ocean.
- Fun and diverse company culture that values integrity, community and persistence.