BWK CATERING COORDINATOR LEAD JOB INFORMATION:
TITLE: Catering Coordinator Lead
LOCATION: 21 East Adams Street, Chicago, IL, 60603
The purpose of this position is to ensure we prepare, cook and deliver catering orders to our clients accurately, timely and professionally. By making certain that each and every order is delicious and delivered with a smile, the Catering Coordinator Lead will uphold Brightwok Kitchen’s high standards for food quality and customer service. Time management, organization, order accuracy, and delivery logistics are all necessary for success in this position. There is substantial opportunity for advancement and to take on additional responsibility.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents our brand in a positive and professional manner for each and every client
- Ensures each order is prepared accurately and timely
- Personally executes catering deliveries to high rises in the Chicago loop and surrounding areas
- Strives to improve ordering, preparation, cooking, packaging, and delivery processes
- Proactively seeks additional responsibilities during slower periods to improve the catering program and prepare for future orders
- Demonstrates reliability, professionalism, and honesty
- Understands the importance of maintaining clear and organized financial records of catering transactions
- Proactively informs supervisors and managers, who place food and packaging orders, what items will be needed for future catering orders
- Oversees and teaches other Catering Coordinators, who may help prepare orders
- Evaluates and incentivizes accuracy and thoroughness for other Catering Coordinators
- Acts with urgency when needed
- Coordinates with third-party services (e.g. Snap) for deliveries when no other BWK staff member is available to deliver
- Ability to exemplify Brightwok Kitchen’s core values: Be Passionate, Grow to Be Brighter, Spread Positivity.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Prior job working in hospitality for at least 6 (six) months
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Competent in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to problem solve, think on your feet, and take initiative to improve procedures, systems, and strategies
MAJOR RELATIONSHIPS AND COMMUNICATION:
- Work directly with Catering Sales Manager, Catering Coordinators, Managers, Supervisors, CEO, Executive Chef, and other team members.
- Hourly rate $12-$14 based on experience
- Participate in catering tips (historically, an additional $3.5 on average per hour), which will depend on:
- Tip amount and quantity of orders prepared and delivered per month
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 30-40 hours in total for all Catering Coordinator Leads, dependent on catering volume.