Ramada by Wyndham Cedar City is looking for Maintenance Person.
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellence customer service skills
Come join the Ramada by Wyndham Team. This position includes, but is not limited to, maintaining all building facilities and equipment, custodial work, shuttle van driver and customer service. If you like to work with your hands, solve problems creatively, take pride in your job and work in a fun, fast paced environment this is the spot to be. This position offers great travel benefits through Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Apply online or at the front desk.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- On occasion is required climb up and down ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
- Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 65 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretionary skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the Company’s Preventative Maintenance Program, including adherence to the work order process.
- Resolve work orders reported in a timely manner while Sensing and Responding to guestroom needs.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Report requests for major repairs to the General Manager in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in determining capital requests and monitoring existing contracts for capital projects.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the hotel.
- Respond to guest’s requests for immediate repairs.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
Safety and Security
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
Experience: 1 year maintenance (preferred)