Play Happy Cafe in Lynnwood, WA is looking for one barista to join our 7 person strong team. We are located on 4114 198th St. Sw Suite 3. Our ideal candidate is attentive, punctual, and engaged.
- Prepare hot and cold drinks in accordance with customer needs
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Follow health and safety guidelines Interact with customers regularly and professionally
- Offer customers amazing standards of customer service and care.
- Serve customers efficiently with food and drink orders and take payments.
- Assist in preparation of cafe and counters before, during and at the end of service.
The role includes:
- Demonstrating the highest standards of customer welcome and care when assisting customers at the counter and delivering orders to tables.
- Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive experience and repeat business.
- Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation.
- Managing queues and meeting customer expectations, upsell to maximise profit.
- Service of hot and cold beverages, cakes and other food items.
- Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing dirties and waste.
- Handling customer complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Managers.
- Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
- Responsible for security (product and cash), taking payments accurately and be vigilant for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and creating displays.
- Ensuring compliance with all legislation, H&S and food hygiene.
- Proven working experience as a barista
- High integrity with a great attendance record
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
The personal skills that is required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multitask.
- Assistants will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift and carry trays and crockery, restocking shelves etc.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of the menu and have a keen interest in local food and drink.
- An effective, well organised and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
- Knowledge of till operation and cash handling.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation smart appearance and articulate.
- Food Hygiene training / qualifications.
- Trained Barista or with previous catering experience advantageous.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.