Park + Cherry by Chef Phillip Dewayne in Memphis, TN is looking for a lead barista to join our strong team. We are located at the Dixon Gallery & Gardens at 4339 Park Ave.
The lead barista has proven ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrated knowledge of coffee products, equipment, and tea products. The lead barista has responsibility for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer.
Lead baristas are instrumental in building customer relationships and fostering a positive and friendly store environment. They also provide technical guidance to new team members and assist in the training program. The lead barista fulfills any other duties the store manager assigns and represents Park + Cherry by Chef Phillip Dewayne.
- Educates our customers on the superior quality of Company products and services.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on whole bean knowledge, coffee blends, tea products, bakery items, coffee brewing, and blended products.
- Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with our customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards and demonstrates such standards when training other team members.
- Provides superior services and promotes a friendly, comfortable environment by providing fast and friendly service. Perpetuates Company Guiding Principles and House Rules.
- Restocks shelves, when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments and maintains a clean and organized storage room.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
- Works special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive Company morale.
- Experience in retail/specialty store or food establishment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.