Pediatric Physician's group is looking to add a genetic counselor to their team! This is a full time permanent role, based in downtown Buffalo but may float to other offices as needed. Monday - Friday schedule, no nights or weekends. The genetic counselor will be responsible for assessing patients and educating families on results and dealing with specific disorders and conditions. New grads welcome to apply!
- Interview patients and families to obtain comprehensive medical histories and document the findings
- Counsel patients and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance regarding genetic risks and inherited conditions.
- Reviewing available options with family, refer to other healthcare providers/specialists as needed.
- Provide education to team members, other healthcare professionals and general public.
- MS in Genetic Counseling or graduate of accredited program in Genetic Counseling.
- Must have American Board of Genetic Counseling Certification or be examination eligible to take and receive the certification.