Availability: Full Time (40hr/week)
Wages: 35-40k/year based on experience
Monthly Performance Based Bonuses and 2 weeks of Vacation annually.
About the team: Loyal Coffee is a barista owned and operated coffee company located in Colorado Springs. Our purpose is to use coffee to engage, encourage, and elevate community. This happens through roasting and serving coffee we love, to people we love, in a community we love.
In our retail locations we serve really good coffee and toast with a hyper focus on hospitality. We have a hard working atmosphere with a high level of accountability. We work with a clear purpose and set of values that propel us to reach our common goal.
We prioritize community in everything we do. It’s important that we build community among our team and among everyone we interact with as a result of working at Loyal Coffee.
We also roast and wholesale coffee around the world. We are proud to use our resources to make the best possible coffee we can share with other communities.
What is the opportunity?
This is an opportunity to serve as the manager of the Loyal Coffee Downtown retail location. Upon being hired you will apprentice with company leadership in various parts of the organization. Over your first 1-6 months, you will consistently be given additional responsibilities and work your way to fully serve as the manager.
As a manager at Loyal Coffee you are in charge of inspiring and maintaining a culture that fosters community among team members and guests. In this role you will be leading, teaching, and coaching team members, both front of house and back of house, in the execution of an excellent guest experience and the production of consistently great products.
It is your responsibility to run the cafe in a way that is both efficient and profitable.
You will be in charge of ordering and maintenance of inventory. This will include weekly and monthly counts of product. You will schedule team members and participate in the hiring process.
There is an expectation for all managers to have an elite awareness of cafe operations. This includes delivering a hospitable experience, ensuring product quality, and maintaining an excellent environment. It’s important that the manager has the leadership skills in order to direct team members and hold them accountable to high standards.
When all is said and done you are anchor that will propel your location to success. Your ability to lead, complete all tasks, and exceed expectations in a high accountability environment is imperative.
What are the tasks?
- Manage cafe leadership and teams
- Build and maintain the location’s team.
- Work closely with shift supervisors and team members to ensure they are successful in their specific roles.
- This includes weekly/monthly meetings, on-site coaching, and ongoing accountability
- Identify needs and areas of growth and innovate appropriate solutions
- Apply appropriate discipline when necessary
- Write and publish the weekly schedule for all team members
- Uphold Loyal Coffee Standards
- Maintain a heightened awareness of the guest experience and product quality
- Teach, train, and hold team members accountable to all standards Loyal coffee has set in place in the Loyal Coffee retail handbook
- Adherence to recipes, procedures, and policies
- Enforce The Commons, 9 touch points, and a full 5 senses experience
- Quality of the guest experience and expressions of hospitality
- Manage all financials and inventory for location
- Organize all ordering and maintain appropriate inventory numbers
- Lead and organize all inventory counts
- Oversee cash and financial flows throughout the cafe
- Communication with upper management team members
- Attend a weekly meetings with direct oversight
- Disperse information from upper management to cafe leadership and team members
- Report all necessary information to appropriate departments
- Communicate with assistant manager and shift supervisors about weekly/daily needs
We get excited about:
- Leaders who are able to hold others accountable
- Leaders who want to be held accountable
- People who have experience leading teams
- Individuals who love community and teamwork
- Folks who have a track record of working very hard
- People who are eager to learn and grow in their career
- Folks who have a high interest in speciality coffee and a desire to work as a coffee professional
- Leaders who are detail oriented and are interested in providing and leading a hospitable experience
Required Skills and physical requirements:
- An ability to lead others and maintain a high level of excellence on a daily basis
- Is able to be held accountable and respond positively to redirection
- Able to show up early to work (5:00am) or stay late (11:00pm)
- Reliable transportation to work
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Can maintain a positive and hospitable attitude for long periods of time
- Can prioritise tasks and work in a fluid environment
Why you will love working with us:
- You will be part of a community and will get to contribute to a great community
- You will learn and grow a ton. We have a long term growth and education program focused on coffee education, hospitality training, and personal development
- There are scheduled raises based on performance and time with the company
- There are many bonus opportunities
- You get a free bag of coffee every week and discounts on all other products and merchandise
- We offer paid time off
- The leadership team strives to do what is right, is passionate about their work, and is open to feedback
- The entire team is full of passion and is a ton of fun to be around