Little Man Ice Cream is looking for enthusiastic, engaging, hard-working, perfectionists to join our team of pastry cooks! We produce ice cream, baked goods, truffles and novelties for our own scoop shops and approximately 50 other wholesale clients in a beautiful, well-lit, brand new 6,000 sq foot factory on West Colfax. Previous kitchen experience is NOT required, it is more important that you are team-oriented, clean, and willing to work hard and learn!
Guest engagement is a MUST in this position as it is an open kitchen and the front of house scoop shop that will be open by Summer! This is a high-volume production job but you will have some variety in your schedule with shifts split between ice cream production, baking, sorbet/vegan prep, and chocolate work.
The Pastry Cook’s responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as ice creams, sorbets, sauces, cookies, chocolate truffles, cakes, pies, and other dessert components. Pastry Cooks will have at least some knowledge and skill in all areas of Little Man Ice Cream operations (production, ordering, receiving, delivery) and work as a team to maintain company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely
- Maintain and strictly abide by health code regulations and HACCP plans, including labeling and dating product and FIFO (first in first out)
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies
- Work as a team to complete daily work
- Help Pastry Chef monitor inventory and ordering, work as a group to check in orders and put them away following company standards
- Efficiently prepare all menu items; follow recipes and maintain consistent, high quality standards.
- Interact with and serve customers at the Factory while working in an open kitchen environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to stand on your feet for 10 hours and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrate adequate kitchen skills
- Maintain a clean appearance and consistent hygiene in accordance with kitchen employee handbook
- Sense of urgency
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
- Professional and punctual
- Open to feedback
- Seasonal thru September/October (potential for year-round employment for right candidate)
- Competitive hourly + free chiropractor
- Full Time or Part Time
- Must be available nights and weekends-- in the height of summer we have morning and night shifts 7 days a week.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please include a cover letter. Thank you.