Join our highly motivated team at Nordic Valley
You are responsible for the safety of our guest and coworkers while you assist in the safe loading and unloading of Nordic Valley’s lifts. You will check passes as customers are getting on the lifts while providing excellent customer service by interacting with the public with a smile.
- Assists all passengers in a safe loading and unloading of the ski lifts.
- Provide instructions and superior customer service by interacting and talking to all lift passengers.
- Stall chairs to ensure the comfort and safety of passenger safety.
- Slow or stop the lifts as necessary to ensure passenger safety.
- Maintain load and unload ramps around all lift stations by solving and/or ranking snow.
- Ensure all chairs are clear of snow or ice before loading passengers.
- Identify potential hazards and report them immediate.
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift and ensure that these are followed by staff and customers.
- Implement emergency procedures, include contacting ski patrol.
- Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operations shutdown procedures.
- Assist in evacuation of a disabled lift.
- Check to ensure every skier and snowboarder has a valid day pass or season pass each time before boarding the lift.
- Answer guest questions by being familiar with Nordic Valley’s layouts, products, and services, or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s questions.
- Maintain cleanliness of lift shacks and work area, remove trash when necessary.
- Other lift operation duties as assigned.
Customer Service Expectations
Nordic Valley Lift Operators have the most direct contact with the public than any other resort employee. Nearly every skier and boarder guest will ride Nordic Valley’s lifts. It is therefore of the upmost importance that Lift Operators be friendly, courteous, and professional in accordance with Nordic Valley’s policies and commitment to providing superior customer service to our guests.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, general education degree (GED) or its equivalency preferred.
- On-site training for lift operations provided.
- Prior mechanical / technological experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to ski or snowboard well is preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Good work ethic and dependability
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
Must be able to work standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work on slippery and uneven snow or icy surfaces.
- Must be alert and attentive at all times.
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Must be able to stall chairs up to 400 lbs.
- Shoveling large volumes of snow or ice is required.
Wage depends on experience and our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and reliable
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.