Lift Maintenance Technician
Department: Mountain Operations
Location: 3567 Nordic Valley Way, Eden Utah
- Repairs and maintenance on all lift equipment
- Conducts inspections of all lift equipment.
- Documents all work and inspections in detail.
- Monitors safety conditions of lifts during operation.
- Responds to any lift related problem or question during operation.
- Dedication to teamwork and the learning process.
- Monitor effects of high wind during operation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interacts with operations and guests to allow the best use of equipment.
- Rigging for all phases of maintenance and repair.
- Provide support to other departments on projects with our scope of expertise.
Supervisory Duties: Will assist in training for operations, apprentices, and helpers.
Working Environment Activities:
- Must be able to climb lift and tower ladders from 5 feet to 150 feet.
- Must be able to stand and work on platforms, railings, structural steel beams, etc., for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Must be able to accomplish item #2 at heights ranging from 5 feet to 600 feet above the ground.
- Must be able to access and ride moving carriers, such as work chairs, tram carriages, and/or other units attached to a lift system for maintaining the equipment.
- Must be able to suspend oneself in an approved safety harness and remain suspended for periods of up to one hour.
- Must be able to successfully self-evacuate from standard chair or the Aerial Tram
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds (minimum) on a daily basis
- Must be able to adequately drive four-wheel drive pick-up truck in mountain type terrain with trips of up to 1 hour
- Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment, snow grooming equipment, snowmobiles and four-wheel ATV’s
- Must be able to perform all the above listed duties in extreme weather conditions and at night, if required.
Job Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and ability:
- Ability to work at heights
- Must be fully versed in all mechanical aspects and maintenance procedures on lift equipment, including detachable and conveyors.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, (high and low voltage)
- Rigging experience
- Advanced skier or boarder
Education or formal training:
- High school graduate
- On the job training
- NDT Training – optional
- Ski industry training
- Completion of Journeyman Apprentice Program or similar in depth - training program
- Specialized training programs (apprentice, machinist, electronics, engineering)
- Apprentice lift technician (3-4 years)
- Detachable lift experience
Materials and equipment directly used:
- Mountain and shop environment
- Heavy Equipment (loader, back hoe, forklift, boom truck)
- Computer, radios
- Truck, ATV, snowmobiles abs snow-cat
- Machine equipment (drill press, mill, lathe, gas arc welding, hydraulics, electrical test)
- Precision measurement tools
- Rigging equipment (wire, rope/nylon slings, reeving block, etc.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Our ideal candidate is attentive, punctual, and reliable.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.