Mama Joon, a new Mediterranean restaurant, inside the Life House Collins Park hotel in Miami Beach, FL is looking for Line Cooks to join our strong team. The individuals will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing team, building the first of a growing number of food & beverage concepts at our new Collins Park hotel. Please call Chef Oren at 786-918-2177 and email your resume to email@example.com to schedule an interview.
The line cook will support and assist the Culinary Director, Sous Chef and Lead cook. The individual will manage all aspects of the food production for the kitchen, including food preparation according to the description, and adhere to sanitation practices.
- Benefits: Yes
- PTO: Varies
- Expected hours/week: 40+
- Keyholder: NO
- Open / Close: Yes
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify lead cook or manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Follow daily par of food preparations and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Inform Chef of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
Sanitation and Maintenance
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items, where possible, to satisfy guest requests.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Serve food (for example, soup, desserts, sides, entrees) in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance.
- Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items throughout the meal period.
We are looking forward to reading your application.