Lake Las Vegas Watersports is looking for certified lifeguards for the 2020 season to assure safe entry-exit of our guests on the lake!
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicants must currently be, or willing to get lifeguard certified through Red Cross for the 2020 season.
- Must be able to push, pull and carry 150 plus pounds in water.
- Communicate effectively with guests.
- Work outdoors, exposed to severe heat.
- Perform the following physical activities on a frequent basis: stand, walk, climb, bend floor- to- waist/waist-to-overhead and reach overhead, simple grasp and fine manipulation tasks.
- Work a flexible schedule/hours based on business needs, to include opening, mid, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Work in a team environment and interact with others in a professional manner.
- Provide effective scanning in the area(s) of responsibility, positively enforcing park safety rules, work to prevent and/or respond to aquatic or first aid emergencies.
- Interact with guests by greeting them and providing excellent service in an efficient and courteous manner.
- You will learn how to issue a brief instruction to customers for use of watercraft including (kayaks, pedal boats, paddleboards) Issue lifejackets, send and put rentals away upon customers' return.
- Must be able to lift 30LBS with no assistance.
- Clean trash and debris, pressure wash, maintain rental equipment.
Other Job Duties:
- Help maintain/organize events including (neon paddles, movies on the water, etc)
*Duties could be subject to change without notice*
The lake environment is unlike any other.. we hope to hear from you soon!