LOOKING TO HIRE A CHEF WITH PASSION FOR FOOD AND THE INDUSTRY THAT CAN LEAD AND INSPIRE OUR CULINARY AND SERVICE TEAM!!
*A partnership opportunity is available for the Chef with desire to own their own piece, that has the proven experience, equity (or sweat) capital and hunger for more. Conversations welcome.
- A Chef/Mentor that understands side-by-side leadership and how to build, develop and energize a team.
- An understanding of the business, hours and hard work that comes with the territory.
- Experience in a diverse array of cuisines is preferred, as our approach is a modern take on traditional fare.
- Creativity is a must, from plate presentation to modern cooking techniques, we want our food to look as good as it tastes. This opportunity will allow for creative freedom of the menu once established in the kitchen.
- Following a successful first interview, the chef applicant will be asked to do a food tasting to test your creativity. Creating and costing out a 3 course prix-fix menu using our kitchen and ingredients will be the task at hand (outside ingredients welcomed).
- The ability to cook and create excellent food is paramount, however the ability to teach others how to keep it consistent will be just as crucial.
- Hiring, training and firing are all part of the Executive position.
- History of clean, organized kitchens is a must. Serv-Safe Certified Candidates are ideal.
- Organized and up-to-date systems will be expected, Food Cost & Labor Cost will be the focus: team schedules, costed out and measured recipes, prep sheets, line checks, pull sheets, order guides, dating of food, record keeping, cleaning check lists, waste logs, etc.
- The right applicant will possess an ownership mentality, driving both costs and productivity through strong understanding of Profit & Loss as well as labor management and cost controls.
Please respond with your professional resume, salary requirements and references. Thank you in advance!