Kids Creative in New York City, NY is looking for one group leader to join our 69 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is attentive, motivated, and engaged.
Primary Function: The Group Leader is responsible for acting as a role model for the group throughout the program, helping with supervision, participating and leading activities and assisting with classroom management. They serve as first responders in mediating any conflicts or personal issues that may arise and address the basic needs of the students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining a fun and safe environment for children.
- Leading games and activities.
- Creating and implementing projects that align with weekly Kids Creative Themes.
- Supporting and collaborating with various staff members and specialists.
- Acting as a “first participant” encouraging students to take part in various activities.
- Helping children with homework.
- Interacting with children, parents, and co-workers in a respectful manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the groups' supplies and document binders- This includes taking daily attendance, filling out lunch forms and issuing appropriate incident reports.
- Following the Kid’s Creative Guidelines.
- Attend training and PDs when required
- Assure students are adequately supervised at all times
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor or other Senior Staff
If interested please respond via email with a cover letter, resume and add Kids Creative Group Leader in the subject line.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year of childcare experience
- Willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
We are looking forward to reading your application.