At Iovine Brothers Produce, we supply food for Philadelphia's heart and soul. Our main desire is to provide the community with fresh products that will nourish and satisfy them from the inside out. It's no secret that the nutritional benefits of including fresh produce in your daily diet will help you maintain a more healthful lifestyle, and our fresh fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins and nutrients, while nuts are a great source of protein, fiber, and minerals.
Iovine Brothers Produce in Philadelphia is currently looking for a Produce Associate to join our 58 person strong team. We are located on 1136 Arch St. in PA. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and engaged.
Available shifts might differ from week to week.
Job Summary - Produce Associate is responsible for the preparation and safe handling of products sold throughout the store. Produce Associate must provide attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service as well as answer customer questions and make recommendations through suggestive selling. Associates must be able to maintain produce displays as well as operate a register.
The essential job functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet all customers with a positive attitude and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret and understand the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to receive training and correctly, visually identify a full line of produce items for the purposes of proper check out while operating a register.
- Ability to proficiently count, subtract and add United States currency.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 30 lbs and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with a wide range of fresh, dried and/or processed products, nuts, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to operate equipment required by department, i.e. wrapping machine, juice presses, label machine, cash register.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain acceptable shelf, case and display conditions by stocking, cleaning, straightening and rotating product.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in display cases.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to ensure quality protection and product rotation
- Handle damaged and unsalable product according to company policy
- Maintain signage on all items to alert customers to product choices, prices and ingredients.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report and equipment or facility problems immediately.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and local regulations as they pertain to the Food Service operation
- Dress according to company policy. Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associate to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.00 to $13.00 /hour
If this job sounds like the right fit for you, please apply. You can read more on http://www.iovine.com/. We are looking forward receiving your application. Thank you.