Part-time Bilingual Educator (Spanish/English)
Reports to Education Manager. Imagine’s educators conduct enthusiastic, fun-filled, educational experiences for preschool and elementary school-aged children.
This is a part time position. Hours will vary, including evenings and weekends. Must speak and write Spanish and English fluently.
Acts as a conduit for delivery of innovative and creative Museum programming by:
- Facilitating preschool STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) programs
- Maintaining records for grant-funded programs
- Presenting learning experiences to school and community groups both at Imagine and in schools and other venues as needed
- Learning curriculum for Imagine offerings
- Being responsible for the education equipment, curriculum boxes, inventories and designated Museum spaces
- Working in a team environment with Imagine staff to ensure program’s success
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to speak and write Spanish and English fluently
- Experience working with students ages 2-12
- Excellent classroom management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Voice projection, improvisational skills, and know-how to present information in an engaging and hands-on manner
- Demonstrates initiative, creative problem-solving and good organizational and time-management skills
- Must have a reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record and auto insurance covering bodily injury and property damage
- Ability to lift, carry and move heavy objects, use stairs and adapt to floor or table activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary/Early Childhood Education or equivalent informal training in education and sufficient experience in teaching or involvement in children’s interactive informal programming or related experience.