Levain Bakery has been known for nearly 25 years as the purveyor of the best cookies in NYC: the crispy outside, ooey-gooey middle deliciousness that is on every must-eat-in-NYC list. Our mission is to create moments of joy that bring people together, and we have done it by creating a deliciously decadent cookie to share with friends and loved ones. Cookie-lovers from near and far line up at our 5 (soon to be 6) bakeries in NY to have a bite, and re-enact the iconic cookie break just for Instagram.
Backed by this obsessive love, and growth capital from Stripes (with a portfolio that includes Siete Foods, Califia Farms, Stella & Chewy’s, SPINS and Erewhon Market, among others), we are now focused on bringing this much-beloved brand to grocery, natural and specialty stores. We’re excited to bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to the rest of the country.
THIS ROLE: CPG SALES LEAD
We’re looking for a competitive spirit who can help us create a new capability for the company – CPG sales. We want a passionate, organized, scrappy self-starter who can both ‘think’ and ‘do’ en route to launching the brand into national grocery and mass retail, starting in metro-NYC and quickly moving beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Create a solid sales outreach plan to launch the frozen items in Q2 2020, achieving our financial targets in year and setting us up for success in 2021 and beyond
- Identify required broker and distributor relationships to enable success
- Develop and maintain a list of key accounts in the NE/NY/Mid-Atlantic region, and expand reach to new markets and retailers
- Doggedly follow up, close deals and manage contracts with key accounts
- Partner with supply chain leader and marketing team to support distribution gains, manage accounts and deliver volume-driving shopper marketing initiatives
- Manage a sales and shopper marketing budget. Identify secondary and tertiary distribution/placement opportunities, including modular freezers, alternative channels, etc.
- Provide input into annual strategy and planning processes and regular forecasting efforts
- Help drive trade show and event strategy in support of sales goals
- 5-10 years of experience in a sales or retail execution role, ideally demonstrating proven experience growing a startup food brand and/or broker. Perishables/cold chain experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and relationships with retailers, brokers and distributors
- Results-orientation and self-motivation – you have strong detail and organizational skills, and thrive in fast paced environments and love coming up with solutions, not just raising problems
- Demonstrates Levain Bakery’s values of fun, integrity, community, kindness and heart. Humble and service oriented – we’re all working together to make this happen, and everyone wears many hats.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Full-time, salaried position, located within reasonable proximity to NYC
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally
- Ability to plan & organize your (frequently changing) schedule, and prioritize accordingly
Competitive salary, performance bonus, transportation allowances, medical, vision & dental and 401k. Plus an opportunity to develop within a fast-based high growth environment, and direct access to an experienced leadership team.