Grounds Bistro & Cafe in Stafford, VA is looking for one strong BOH / Cook. Experience is a plus, but not required. Basic knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment and food and safety requirements. Must be willing to learn and adapt.
We are located on 25 Apricot Street with-in the Embrey Mill community.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and hard-working.
- Prep - hot and cold line
- Cook on the line: includes gas grill top & oven, deep fryer, panini press, electric griddle, breakfast equipment
- We cook-to-order, there is no microwave, so time management is key
- Washing dishes
- Taking out the trash , cleaning equipment
- Bringing in fun and creative menu ideas
- Work alone when needed, stay task oriented
- nights and weekends are a must, but not every night and not every weekend
- must be able to get along with co-workers; small restaurant = small kitchen
- Motivated to do what is necessary to keep the restaurant clean and up to code
- Dedicated to working as a team towards one goal
- Great organizational skills
- Proven work experience in a back of house role or large scale kitchen
- must be able to stand for 6-8 hr shifts, lift 50 pounds and handle hot kitchen
- Servsafe certified a plus but not required
- Compensation based on experience
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.