Five Star Thai Cuisine in Crown Point, IN is looking for one server/waitress/waiter to join our team. We are located on 5124 Pine Island Ct Ste M. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and reliable.
- Welcoming every customer that enters the door and get them seated or taking payments for to-go orders
- Presenting the menu and helping customers select food
- Learning the menu and knowing what is in each dish
- Delivering food to tables and learning what each dish looks like
- Clearing dirty dishes from tables
- Delivering a great customer experience - talk to customers, refill water as needed and make sure they are enjoying their dining experience. Just being genuinely friendly and liking people will benefit you greatly as we have a ton of regulars
- Using a mobile system to create orders and take payments
- Cleaning the tables and setting them as soon as customers are done
- Answering the phone and taking to-go orders
- Packing to-go orders correctly and stapling up the bag with the receipt
- Keeping the front clean - floors and counters, keep dirty and clean dishes organized, restocking supplies and sauces
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, it gets noisy so you need to be able to speak up and speak clearly
- Answering the phone politely and taking orders correctly over the phone
- Ability to multitask efficiently as it can get very busy on the weekends
- Experience as a Server, Waitress, or Waiter a plus but not required
- Minimum age is 16 and you must be attending/have attended and completed high school. No degree is required
Please only apply if you are serious about joining our team and plan to stay for a year or more. Paid training takes place over 2 weeks and thereafter you'll be scheduled like a regular employee and be expected to perform on your own. It would be in your own best interest to look over the menu for about 5-10 minutes each day until you learn the dishes.
Positions available: Part-time and completely flexible. We have openings Monday through Sunday, where you can decide between an 11am-4pm, 4pm-9pm, and 5pm-9pm shift on as many days as you wish to work. We do request that you are able to work a minimum of 4 shifts per week. If something comes up, we have a system where you can easily trade shifts with other employees.
Pay rate: $8-10/hour depending on experience and education. ***Please note that this position is paid per hour and is not tip based.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.