Customer Service Representatives are the welcoming brand ambassadors to our independent, family owned, technology driven, optical laboratory. As an optician in our Customer Service Department you are the first point of contact a customer will have with our company. It is your responsibility to cultivate and maintain relationships with all new and existing Eye Care Professional client based accounts, using the same finesse, professionalism and prompt courteous service they are accustomed to. Optical experience is a must for this position, ABOC or licensed is preferred.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all
company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance.
- Provide quality customer service by responding to, investigating, and resolving customer requests, inquiries, and needs via all modes of communication (phone, fax, chat, email) courteously and expeditiously. Receive, record and route customer orders and order changes, answer status requests on existing orders, and manage difficult customer situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Perform other duties within the customer service department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules and safety practices.
- 3 years experience as an optician or within an optical lab
- Valid ABO Certification
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under certain time constraints
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer focus and a positive customer service attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Proficient in problem solving, teamwork, and time management skills
Job Type: Full-time