We are looking for an experienced childcare Director who has a passion for early learning and care of young children. Applicant needs to have a minimum of five years experience as a Director of a larger (100+ capacity) childcare center. The Dream Big Preschool School Director will need to have strong leadership skills, be an excellent communicator, and can motivate and inspire others.
Learn more about Dream Big here: DreamBigSchool.com
The Director responsibilities include:
Responsibilities and Duties
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Expected Hours of work: 9:00AM to 6:30 PM M-F
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the center while demonstrating exceptional leadership skills, professional conduct, and communication skills.
- Supervision and scheduling of staff
- Ensure that Dream Big Preschool of Learning and DCF policies and procedures are implemented
- Arrange and conduct staff meetings and on-going training
- Maintain DCF compliance regulations
- Manage Employee and Student files
- Conduct tours of the facility
- Collect tuition payments when due
- Professionally communicate with both staff and parents
- Complete daily/weekly reports
- Maintain a professional relationship with corporate personnel
- Ensure curriculum is implemented throughout the school
- Ensure profitability, maximize enrollment, and maintain financial aspects of the school
- Maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must hold a minimum of an Associates Degree in Early Childhood and an active staff credential.
- Applicants must have an active Florida Directors Credential with VPK endorsement
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Director of a medium capacity preschool (100+ students)
- Must have extensive knowledge of the VPK program and requirements from the ELC
- Must have extensive knowledge of the School Readiness program and requirements from the ELC
- Must have extensive knowledge of the State of FL Childcare program and requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, and ProCare Software (or compatible child care management software program)
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and strong time management skills
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain composure and have the ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interview and hire professional childcare personnel
- Experience Directing a NECPA or similar accredited school is a bonus
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility is a plus
- BA or BS Degree in Education Preferred
- Valid FL Directors Credential with a VPK Endorsed Directors Endorsement (Required)
- Valid FL Drivers License with a clean driver's license.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year