Dog Days Pacific Beach in San Diego, CA is looking to add EXPERIENCED daycare attendants and receptionists to our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and hard-working. 1 year or more previous experience in off-leash group play with 20+ dogs maintained successfully at a time absolutely required. Dog Days Pacific Beach is a recent start-up and requires experienced, communicative, and self-driven team members to help build our client base and establish a positive workplace and rapidly promote to lead and managerial positions.
- Actively supervising and guiding groups of dogs at play (all sizes and breeds)
- Displaying proficiency in monitoring canine body language and managing problematic behaviors before issues arise.
- Providing overall 24 hour care for dogs with meticulous attention to detail and record-keeping (Feeding, medicating, exercising, basic grooming).
- Keeping a spotlessly clean kennel facility with cleaning tasks that include but are not limited to: poop disposal, floor scrubbing, window washing, sweeping, laundry, etc.
- Becoming proficient with using our kennel software
- Fulfilling any and all customers needs and requests via phone, email, in-person with patience, friendliness, and professionalism.
- Previous experience required
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Poor communication skills will not be considered.
- Possess a strong sense of integrity
- Innate desire to learn about holistic and effective caretaking of dogs
- Affinity for working cooperatively on a team
- The Dog Days work culture is one of maturity, compassion, open-mindedness, kindness, and selflessness. Please apply if this describes your own guiding principles.
We are looking forward to reading your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references. Applicants without a cover letter will NOT be considered. List your favorite dog breed at the top of your cover letter to indicate you have read these instructions carefully. Thank you!