1301 Arapahoe Street
Golden, CO 80401
Café 13 has been in Golden for more than 25 years! It is nestled at the base of the Armory Building which was built in 1913. Towards the end of June 2018, the café took on new ownership and is now a family-owned, family-run business. Our motto is "Golden's living room" because we are exactly that! We treat every customer with the same respect and generosity we would show someone visiting our own home - because in a way, we are! Our team is the heart and soul of the café, and we are looking to grow that team so that we can continue giving great service to the Golden community.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Café 13.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Café 13 operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security.
- Maintain a neat and organized front-of-house environment to ensure a positive first impression for guests.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Relay guest complaints and compliments to the manager
- Familiar with all menu items, menu prices, and hours of operation
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Summary of Experience
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Serving Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Ability to work 6+ hours on your feet
- Meet Café 13 operating policies and standards, including cash handling and store safety and security
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Greet customers, take accurate orders, and maintain communication with customers for their entire stay
- Ability to take orders over the phone
- Ability to utilize a restaurant POS software platform (Clover)
- Available to perform many different tasks within the front of house during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Free meal during shift
- Unlimited coffee and tea beverages during shift
- Family and friend discounts
- Supplementary benefits available