The Commissary General Manager will oversee daily cookie dough production at our commissary in Queens and will ensure that each and every one of our world-famous cookies is the absolute best quality possible. We are looking for someone who is passionate about food and operations and has the ability to manage people thoughtfully and encourage a positive work environment.
- Manage daily production of cookie dough to supply to all of our bakery locations and ecommerce business
- Promote a positive work environment for all staff: Our people are at the core of our success- our staff supports one another and genuinely enjoys the time they spend together.
- Maintain product quality and ensure that cookie dough is up to Levain standards
- Promote a safe work space by understanding and complying with appropriate safety procedures
- Help train new staff members and help grow and develop team members who are interested in building a career at the bakery.
- Create and manage the weekly schedule for all employees.
- Oversee our team of drivers and ensure that all deliveries go out in a seamless and timely manner
- Estimates and anticipates production capacities and provides recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective, monitoring efficiencies and waste through metrics.
- Uphold all Department of Health standards and maintain a clean and beautiful facility.
- Experience in a high volume commissary facility in a managerial role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Positive, friendly, warm and supportive
- Eye for detail, hyper-organized and diligent work ethic
- Love of cookies...of course!
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Potential
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Transit Benefits
- 401(k) with company matching