Clever Baking Co is looking for hardworking bakery professionals and early risers to bake some fantastic morning pastries and expedite our bakers and delivery teams. Shifts begin at 3:30AM.
Who are we?
Clever Baking Co. is an excited group of hardworking individuals who are passionate about craft food and coffee in Austin, TX. Currently based at Manon's Shared Kitchen, we specialize in meeting the artisan pastry needs of our amazing coffee shop, brewery, and hotel partners in the greater Austin area, Waco, and Dallas/Ft. Worth. We make morning pastries, afternoon desserts, fresh bread, and lunch for wholesale, 7 days a week. Our wholesale model allows us to enjoy steady, but flexible hours so that we can pursue our passions beyond the kitchen.
***We currently provide baked goods for all Epoch Coffee locations, Radio Coffee and Beer, Cosmic Coffee and Beer, Greater Goods Coffee Roasters, Cuvee Coffee, Machinehead Coffee, The Hideout Theatre Coffeehouse, Once Over Coffee Bar, Tiny House Coffee, West Pecan Coffee and Beer, Craftwork Coffee, Nomadic Beerworks, Coffee Shark, Cafe 309, and Common Grounds.
The Production Baker is responsible for executing daily and weekly recipe production. After training, they will utilize baking skills and previous pastry experience to prepare recipe components, assemble product and perform all necessary procedures related to production in the commissary.
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate proactively with Production Manager throughout all shifts. Ability to ask for help and work as part of a larger team.
- Follow and comply with all established procedures, recipes and guides, including but not limited to assembly, equipment SOPs, weights and measures, health and sanitation, and general safe work practices.
- Meet production volume and production schedule while maintaining stringent adherence to quality standards for all Clever products.
- Maintain a sanitary and organized work environment.
- Monitor proper storage, FIFO, and shelf life guidelines for all products.
- Knowledge and skill with a variety of kitchen tools and equipment, including but not limited to commercial mixers, convection/conduction ovens etc.
- Able to monitor baking processes and identify issues and/or adjustments to adhere with Clever quality standards.
- Work with a sense of urgency and purpose to achieve daily, weekly and long-term goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Fully understand and exhibit the Clever ethos, embodying our core values. Is contagiously optimistic and an eager contributor who gives and receives feedback with ease
- SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years experience in baking and/or related pastry production preferred
- Understanding of proper baking methods, techniques, and standards
- Texas Food Handler certificate required
- Be passionate about the craft food industry with a strong interest in high quality products
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50/75 lbs. occasionally
- Excellent attention to details
Part time and full time positions available
$12-14 starting hourly D.O.E
If this all sounds interesting to you, shoot us your resume, and let's talk!