Breakfast Club in Steubenville, OH is looking for one host/hostess to join our 10 person strong team and be the first point of contact for our guests. We are located on 108 South Hollywood Boul. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, punctual, and reliable.
Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure. You should also be available to work in shifts.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
We are willing to accept less or no experience from someone who is a pleasure to work with and willing to be trained.
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations
- Answering the phones and book reservations
- Greeting customers and making them feel welcome
- Estimating wait time for guests
- Escort customers to assigned dining areas
- Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress’s name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries
- Assist wait staff as needed
- Previous work experience as a Host/Hostess or Waiter/Waitress
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Experience in managing reservations
- Demonstrable customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Availability to work in shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift
- High school diploma; hospitality certification is a plus
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Strong organizational and motivational skills
We are looking forward to hearing from you.