Blackwater Coffee & Café is located off highway US 12 in Maple Plain, MN and has been in business for 14 years. We also operate a second location in a corporate headquarters office building, and is opening the third shop in the area. We are hiring talents to support our expansion!
Our Barista/cook prepares and serves various types of coffee and tea beverages, as well as made to order meals including sandwiches, wraps, salads and soups. Responsibilities also include educating customers on our drink and food menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent customer service skills, be punctual, reliable and responsible and multi-tasking. This is a full time position that requires you mostly work the morning and mid day shifts, with flexibility to work one closing shift and one weekend shift per week when needed. Only candidates who can continue to work full time after summer are considered. Apply online if interested: https://www.blackwatercc.com/career
- Greet customers as they enter and answer their questions.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Prepare beverages and food following recipes
- Keep the café bar and dining area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates.
- Help general manager with stocking and inventory maintenance.
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Previous work experience as a Barista a plus but training will be provided for the right candidate
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Experience of preparing food in a quick service restaurant is a plus
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts even though this position requires mostly morning/midday shifts on weekdays
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- $10-13/hr base salary plus tips (tip additional $3-4/hr)
- Free shift drink
- 50% discount on employee meal
- Paid break time
- 401K with employer match after meeting certain criteria
- Paid vacation time after meeting certain criteria
- Promotion opportunities