Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-KCI East in Kansas City, MO is looking for one hotel night auditor to join our 35 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is attentive, motivated, and reliable.
As a Hotel Night Auditor, you will balance all daily room, restaurant and bar work on a nightly basis, posting and balancing charges, and settlements in a timely and efficient manner. You will also be accountable for maintaining files and resetting the systems for the next day’s operations.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Preparing daily revenue report data
- Running audit reports/journals from the mainframe and the system for automated credit cards
- Making corrections, and adjustments, and handling any computer problems that might occur during your shift
- Making computer entries on revenue/expenses/allowance to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary
- Checking all figures, postings, and documents for accuracy
- Controlling and securing cash, and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures
- Organizing, securing, and maintaining all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Preparing, maintaining, and distributing statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables
- Auditing statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables
- Auditing, and reconciling all revenue postings
We are looking for a Hotel Night Auditor with a strong work ethic, and strong bookkeeping and accounting skills. You should be highly organized, and detail-oriented with solid time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in a similar size operation required; hotel experience, preferred
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills, and ability to operate a 10-key by touch
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $11.50 /hour
- night audit: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)